Glen Baghurst is both a designer and co-producer of products and furniture. His work explores luxury ideas within a simple Scandinavian style.
HIS WORK EXPLORES OPULENCE IN A MINIMALISTIC SCANDINAVIAN STYLE
Baghurst likes to combine various materials in his work as he believes each material has a certain quality that can heavily influence how you read an object as well as interact with it. Its common for him to use wood or leather for warmth, metal for strength and stone for stability. He has worked and trained in the Swedish design bureau Apokalyps Labotek and with Master Designer Mats Theselius. He was formally educated in Industrial Design at the Swinburne Institute of Technology in Melbourne. Baghurst shares his time between his studios in Malmö, Sweden and Sydney, Australia.
- Greenhouse, Stockholm Furniture Fair, Stockholm, Sweden (2015)
- Ventura Lambrate, Milan, Italy (2015)
- Greenhouse, Stockholm Furniture Fair, Stockholm, Sweden (2016)
- Salone Satellite, Salone del mobile, Milan, Italy (2016)
- London Design Fair, London (2016) (By invitation)
- Fiera Edit, May Design Series (By invitation) 2015
- London Design Festival 2015, The Conran Shop, “The Conran Shop Edits”, London, UK (by invitation)(2015)
- Den Nya Kartan, Form Design Centre (2015) (By invitation)
- Selected 2016, Designmonatgraz, Graz Austria (2016) (By invitation)
- Swedish Pavilion, London Design Bienalle (2016) (By invitation)
- Passionwege, Vienna Design Week (2016) (By invitation)